Human Resources Information System
JPS currently uses an industry standard human resources management information system called eEmpACT for its back and front office capabilities. Some of the relevant features are its timekeeping and payroll system that allows weekly payments of W-2 wages in-house. The customer invoice system is tied to our eEmpACT System that matches payroll with customer invoices to ensure that an accurate invoice is generated to the Client. The Client may receive a weekly statement itemizing the contract labor usage, per request. Customized invoicing and usage reports can be provided, upon request as well.
All payroll deductions and payment of income taxes, FICA, unemployment insurance, IFF quarterly payment, and worker’s compensation insurance are automatically calculated and deducted through this system. Paychecks are available for pick-up at the JPS office every Friday or mailed directly to the temporary employee’s home address.
One of eEmpACT’s highly desired features is the Web Time Card. It has an add-on module that is a browser-based eConnect that allows quick and easy access to many important time consuming payroll, timecard and customer order functions. This web-based solution links directly from the JPS current site. Visit www.jps-inc.com and click on the eConnect Portal link on the top right of the page. eConnect enables JPS employees, their supervisors and other designated users to enter and approve Web Time cards.
Contractors and their supervisors will be provided with their own sign on IDs and passwords to access the System, to view history-to-date information pertaining to their pay history and assignments details, on the Web. Clients and Customers that need access to the System will also be provided with user IDs and passwords to view invoices, orders and assignment history. Invoices can be drilled down to the line item as well as connecting to the timecards that were submitted online. Clients and Customers can place temporary and career orders online.
Outlined below are additional eEmpACT front and back office capabilities and functionalities:
- Efficient Application Process - this feature makes application submission the candidate’s responsibility, eliminating data entry and increasing the number of new recruits by streamlining the intake process. Step-by-step instructions lead jobseekers from screen to screen and the navigation is simple enough that only minimal computer or Web knowledge is required.
- Job Order Searches - One can search for orders by the various criteria. The Job Order Search feature functions similar to the UltraMATCH, one can designate required and grouped criteria.
- Assignment Requirements Notifications - Assignment requirements can be set at the Customer level and will cascade down to the orders. A User can create or remove requirements at any level of the hierarchy (Customer - Division - Order). If these fields are not selected on the employee files, the employee will not qualify for the order.
- Additional Pay/Bill Options on the Orders and Assignments - One can enter as many additional rates on Orders and Assignments as you like.
- Advanced Resume Functions - Resume Manager is a robust, automated solution for importing resumes from e-mail, fax or the Web right into the eEmpACT system.
- New Report EXP115 - AR Aging to a Specific Date - This report allows the user to see AR Aging as of a date.
- Employee Classification Field - Specific employee classifications can be restricted to use only by predefined users
- Assignment Offer - Add New Calendar
- >Encrypted Passwords - User passwords can be encrypted through. Encrypting a User’s password will ensure that a User cannot access MS SQL Server tools, as well as MS Query and other programs where the database can be accessed.
- Integrated Outlook Capability
- Instant Real-Time Performance
- eEmpACT Mobile - Gives a handheld access to JPS eEmpACT database via a Blackberry, iPhone, or other PDA devices
Lastly, eEmpACT historically saves electronic documents. JPS can either store paper documents, or electronically attach them to JPS file. Therefore, electronic timesheets and paper data entry sheets shall be available for inspection by the Client at all reasonable times.